Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looks so easy and delicious
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 12 slices bacon
- maple syrup
- For Pancake Batter:.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk room-temperature buttermilk, milk and eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until it’s just blended, being careful not to over stir the batter. You want your batter to remain fairly thick. Set aside.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. You will want bacon on the crispy side.
- It's easier if you put your batter into a squeeze bottle, but it's not necessary.
- Draw” the pancake batter in a long oval shape onto the griddle, a tiny bit bigger than your cooked bacon slices (it will expand, so be careful not to make them too large).
- Place a slice of cooked bacon in the center of each pancake, and gently press bacon into the batter. Squirt more batter on top of each bacon slice, in a zig-zag pattern, so that you don’t end up overcooking the bacon when it touches the griddle.
- Cook each dipper until the batter bubbles up and then flip until golden brown.
- Serve the bacon pancake dippers with your favorite syrup and eat while hot.