Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes from my sister-in-law's mother. Delicious! Perfect for holiday breakfast or a brunch gathering. The prep time does not include having to cook & crumble the bacon ahead of time.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie plate
- 1 (9 inch) ready-made refrigerated pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)
- 4 -6 ounces grated monterey jack cheese or 4 -6 ounces any other grated cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients above and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake at 425-degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Next, bake at 375-degrees F for 40 minutes.
This recipe was very good, but I was confused by the first two ingredients. I doubled the recipe and made two pies. I served it as a side dish with London broil. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.