Recipe by appleydapply
These are adapted from the El Paso Chile Company's cookbook. They are incredibly good and are my favorite late-night snack.
Top Review by diner524
I made these for my family for the Superbowl!! 17 yo DS doesn't care for bacon, so I made 1/2 with the bacon and other without and we all enjoyed the nachos. I used the jar type of already minced jalapeno peppers and followed it all as written. I am a bacon lover so this is something I will also make for my weekday lunches. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 36 tortilla chips
- 1 medium sweet onion (chopped)
- 6 pickled jalapeno peppers (stemmed, seeded & minced)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- mild salsa or salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475.
- Cook bacon on stovetop until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. When the bacon is cool, coarsely chop it.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet. Scatter the bacon, onions, and jalapenos evenly over the chips. Sprinkle the grated cheese over all. Bake about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the nachos are sizzling (watch carefully to prevent overbrowning).
- Serve immediately, accompanied by sour cream and salsa for dipping. (As the nachos already have jalapenos on them, choose a salsa that's not too hot).