Recipe by Fritz Willie
I came up with this recipe about five years ago. I had some fresh tarragon that I wanted to use before it got stale.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 tarragon leaves (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 ounces jalapeno pepper cheese (sliced or crumbled)
- sea salt and black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet.
- Add half the onions when the bacon is about ¾ done.
- Continue cooking until onions are translucent.
- Drain by putting bacon and onions on.
- paper towels in a plate.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sea salt and black pepper, garlic powder and tarragon together.
- Wipe the non-stick skillet clean of the bacon drippings.
- Add the tablespoon of butter to the skillet and melt.
- Return the cooked bacon and onions to the skillet set at medium-low heat.
- Add the rest of the chopped onion to the skillet and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet.
- Cook the eggs until they are almost set.
- Add the hot pepper cheese to half of the omelet and fold over.
- Cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and omelet is golden brown.
- Serve with toasted home made bread and lots of applebutter.