Recipe by Oranje729
This recipe is something I created the other night for some friends and they loved it. It is probably your "Doctor's Worst Nightmare" kind of recipe, but try it and indulge yourself now and again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon slices into 4 pieces and cook over medium heat in a large sauce pan. You may have to do this in 2 batches.
- Cook bacon until a golden brown, but NOT crispy. You do not want any burnt edges.
- Remove bacon and place on paper towels to absorb fat.
- Add roughly diced onions and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add your garlic and continue cooking until onions appear to start turning golden brown.
- Strain mixture with a sieve over a bowl, as you want to reverse the bacon fat.
- Put mixture back into pan and add a half of the diced tomatoes.
- Cook, toss and turn for about 5 minutes.
- Return bacon and bacon fat back into mixture and heat through.
- Pour over your favourite pasta and sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil leaves.