Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my artery clogging version of Alton Brown's Onion Dip from Scratch. Bacon makes everything better.
- Dice the uncooked bacon up and cook over medium heat until the fat renders out and the bacon gets some color.
- Once the bacon has taken on some color, but is not crisp, pour off all but about 2 -3 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the onions and the 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Lower heat to med-low and slowly cook the onions until they have reduced in size and darkened in color.
- Let the onion mix cool and mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Chill and stir before serving.