Recipe by CyndiCB
I have read about recipes similar to this, but I put my own spin on it. It was a big hit at my get-together the other night, and I really wanted to share my version of this recipe. It is super simple!
Top Review by Dayzi8
Made this for my hubby for his birthday dinner and he loved it. I will be making it again. It's very easy and does not cost that much to make. I didn't use a muffin pan, I just placed them in a 9x13 baking dish and they turned out fine. Also I chopped a little mozz cheese and added it.
- 24 mushrooms, remove the stems
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, bring to room temperature
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, I prefer the cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, add bacon pieces, cook until done. Set aside bacon. Cook onions in bacon fat until cooked. Set aside with bacon. Allow grease to drain as much as possible. Place each of the mushroom caps into a mini-muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add cream cheese, garlic, and pepper. Combine ingredients well. Add onion and bacon to mix. Take a plastic storage back and place the bacon mixture into it, and push all the mixture down into one corner. Snip the corner of the bag to allow the bacon mixture to be pushed through. Squeeze the bacon mixture in to each of the mushroom caps, until all caps are filled.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven for 10-12 minutes until bacon mixture is light brown. Enjoy!