Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my wife's long-time recipe, and it tastes great.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits or 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped,fried crisp,and drained
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper
- garlic granules
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 -4 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 skinless chicken, cut in 8 pieces or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat discarded,washed,and patted dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared ranch dressing, divided
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, coat lightly with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- Combine bacon bits, breadcrumbs, and dried onion in a bowl or on a piece of waxed paper.
- Season chicken pieces with seasoned salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, and brush all over with 1/2 cup of ranch dressing, coat generously with bread crumb mixture, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining ranch dressing as a dip.