Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An appetizer cheesecake that is served like a spread.
Make and share this Bacon-Onion Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup stone-ground whole wheat cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine cracker crumbs, walnuts & butter until well blended. Press crumbs evenly on bottom of springform pan. Bake in pre-heated 350°F oven 10 minutes. Cool on rack. Fry bacon until crisp, then crumble. Sauté onion in drippings until tender and set aside. Beat cream cheese. Gradually add eggs, garlic powder & cayenne. Beat until smooth. Stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon mixture into pan. Spread evenly. Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set and cracks on top. Cool completely. Store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. Just before serving at room temp., remove sides of pan. Garnish with circle of shredded carrot to edge. Place carrot curl in center with sprig of parsley. Serve with crackers or carrot slices.