Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a standard muffin tin.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then set aside on paper towels to drain and cool. Discard all but 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Saute the onion in the reserved bacon grease until translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 minute Transfer to a bowl.
- Chop the cooled bacon and add to onion.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using two knives, a pastry cutter, your fingertips, or the food processor, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumbly and there are no pieces of butter larger than a pea.
- Whisk together milk, oil and egg. Add wet ingredients, with bacon, onion and shredded cheese, to the dry ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula just until all the flour is moistened.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.