Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious baked buns filled with bacon and onion goodness :)
Make and share this Bacon Onion Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 7.08 g package yeast
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 453.59 g bacon, brunoise
- 1 yellow onion, brunoise
- 113.39 g deli ham, brunoise
- 236.59 ml idaho russet potato, brunoise, steamed
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, brunoise
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Heat milk, butter, sugar and salt until butter melts; cool. Soften yeast in warm water; add to milk mixture with beaten eggs. Gradually add flour, mixing to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and know until smoothand elastic, about 10 minutes. Grease a mixing bowl and place dough in it, turning to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size, about an hour.
- saute bacon until fat is rendered. Remove bacon and drain. Pour off all but a little fat. Saute onions and cook until tender. Combine onions, bacon, ham, potatoes, bell peppers and pepper; set aside.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Roll half of dough to 1/4 inch thickness; cut into 4 ot 5 inch circles. Put bacon filling in center; brush edges with water. Fold in half and seal edges. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough and filling are used. Beat 1 egg yolk with a little bit of water. Brush on top of buns. Cut slits in top, let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Wonderful tasting buns, these! This was another recipe I made with the idea of sometime having on the counter at one of my monthly meetings, & believe me, they'll definitely be there this next time! Not only will they make a nice addition to my appetizer counter, but they're also great served with a hearty bowl of chili (which we did) as well as other soups! Fresh out of the oven, they were great all by themselves! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]