Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is awesome and foolproof! Great for sandwiches or toast. Even my 9-year-old (who doesn't often make requests) can't get enough of it! OK to substitute sour cream or cottage cheese for the plain yougurt, although it might up the calorie count.
- 6 ounces water
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- Put the ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- (Mine says wet stuff first, so I do the flour and yeast last-- the order of everything else doesn't matter.) Press START on the machine!
- (I personally prefer Light crust setting.).
It was much better the second time around
This is good bread! Perfect with dinner or a bowl of soup and salad. Mine was very light, with small bits of bacon throughout and the definite, but not at all overpowering, flavor of onion. We had this with dinner tonight and half the loaf was gone before it got a chance to cool off. Thanks for sharing the recipe!