1/2 Photos of Bacon, Onion and Tomato Frittata
A hearty and satisfying meal made from things that are almost always at hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium, broilerproof, nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Pour off all but 1 tblsp drippings from skillet.
- 4Add olive oil to skillet.
- 5Add sliced onion and cook over medium-high heat until golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 7Add chopped tomatoes and cook until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- 8Preheat broiler.
- 9Whisk eggs in large bowl until frothy.
- 10Whisk in bacon, basil and season to taste.
- 11Pour into skillet with vegetables.
- 12Cook over medium heat until bottom is just golden and top is still unset, occasionally lifting edges of frittata and tilting pan to let uncooked egg run underneath, about 10 minutes.
- 13Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- 14Broil frittata until top puffs and turns golden, about 3 minutes.
- 15Slide frittata onto platter.
- 16Serve warm or at room temperature, cutting into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Onion and Tomato Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 380.3 mg
- Sodium 498.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g