Recipe by ladihawk01
i found this recipes at MyRecipes: This warm potato salad, with briny olives and capers, goes well with grilled chicken or pork. If you're a fan of capers, add more of them. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes. Notes: The salad can be held at room temperature for up to an hour. Avoid reheating if possible.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, thick cut, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup green olives, pitted
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive
- 4 large shallots
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and scrub potatoes; halve lengthwise and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add salt, reduce heat to maintain a slow boil, and cook potatoes until tender to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain potatoes and put in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat, cook bacon until brown and crisp. Add vinegar and, using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a food processor, pulse olives, shallots, and capers until chopped. Add bacon to olive mixture, stir, and pour over potatoes. Add parsley and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.