- 1 lb lean bacon
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1 lb) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon till crisp,drain on paper towels.
- Pour off drippings keeping 2 tablespoon.
- Saute green pepper and and onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in salt,pepper,tomatoes and water,bring mixture to a boil.
- Add noodles cover 20 minutes.
- Crumble half of bacon and stir into mixture.
- Top with cheese and remaining bacon strips.
- Simmer covered for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.