Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is inspired by appleydapply Bacon and Onion Nachos. We had unexpected company come by and I wanted to make lunch for them. This is the result I got. It's hot and spicy but you can decrease the amount of jalapeno peppers. If you do not like crisp vegetables, microwave them to the desired consistency you like. We like crisp.
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled (divided)
- 118.29-177.44 ml red onion, chopped (divided)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 63.78 g cansliced black olives
- 6-7 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (divided)
- 591.47 ml Mexican blend cheese (Shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, divided)
- 255.14 g tortilla chips (I used the multigrain tostitos, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminimum foil.
- Spread 1/2 bag of Tostitos over the foil.
- Sprinkle with half the bacon, onion, peppers and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 bag of Tostitos on top.
- Top with remaining bacon, onion, peppers, olives and tomatoes.
- Top with 1 1/2 cup remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
I hate being the odd one out, but based on all the other reviews, I really felt this would be a great snack for my dh. The only change I made was to use yellow onion and made just 2 servings. He said that while he did like it, there was just not much too it. The biggest thing (he said) is that this is a recipe you should eat right away because after just a few minutes, it seemed to get dry quickly (even with the melted cheese). Perhaps a dollop of sour cream for scooping would be good. I'm married to a man who loves nachos, and this one just didn't do it for him. He said he rates it 3-stars = liked it (it wasn't 'bad'), but wouldn't want it again.
Left out the black olives, and as another reviewer did, added some diced tomatoes. Great Great football snack. The bacon worked out well on these, as my son and I devoured during the game. The ingredients worked out well with each other. Made for PRMR Tag.
Made as listed except for using deli olives and this turned out so yummy. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.
Made for I recommend Tag from Boomettes reviews.