Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good hearty side dish.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄8 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender and add to tomato mixture and heat through.
- Top pasta with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Yum! We really enjoyed this dish!! It is very hearty, and big on flavor. I had some leftover Canadian Bacon to use up so added that as well and made this a one pot meal. Delicious! Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR