Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love egg salad, but this is over-the-top delicious. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home 2010 Contest-Winning Annual Recipes and Jane Ozment of Purcell, Oklahoma. She substitutes English muffins or toasted bread if she doesn't have croissants.
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce-lined croissants.
I loved this! So did the rest of the family! I added raw onion because we like it and a little more cheese! Wonderful egg salad! Thank you
Very nice egg salad sandwich. Love the bacon addition. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. )