Everyone i have served this to has requested the recipe. It's easy to feed to a crowd at holiday time because it can be made ahead. I found it in April/May 2000 issue of Taste of Home.
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Layer with four noodles, a third of the egg and bacon, cheese and sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- *Can be made the night before and refrigerated.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake as above.