Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Everyone i have served this to has requested the recipe. It's easy to feed to a crowd at holiday time because it can be made ahead. I found it in April/May 2000 issue of Taste of Home.
- 1 lb diced bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cupsshredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Layer with four noodles, a third of the egg and bacon, cheese and sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- *Can be made the night before and refrigerated.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake as above.
This was fabulous! I did make some changes but only minor ones. 1st I changed the type of cheese because even though I love swiss, the rest of my family does not feel the same way. I ended up using 8oz of cheddar combined with 6oz of havarti (we love extra cheese). The only other thing I did differantly was to scramble the eggs instead of hard boiling them. I am not one who is fond of over cooked eggs, so I scrambled them and left them a tad on the runny side, layered them in the dish and allowed them to finish cooking in the oven. They came out perfect! I added a picture of my own. This is definately going into my keeper file. Thanks for posting!
this tastes great, and was gone in a flash!!! If you bring it to a potluck make sure to also tag along some salt and pepper too. Preperation time is a bit long though and I even bought pre boiled eggs. I recommend a better quality, less fat, more meaty bacon or even breakfast sausage.
Changing my review of this to 5 stars. The more we ate on this, the better it got. Added some baby bella mushrooms that I fried up along with the onions. I also used the oven-ready noodles after I had soaked them in warm water for 5 minutes and they worked out fine. (Any longer and they tend to stick together). Very nice taste. Thanks for posting this recipe.