Recipe by LeahMarie
I found this yummy recipe in a Woman's Day mag. Haven't tried it yet, but I will.
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 2 scallions, chopped (including green)
- 8 slices pre- cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half the bread in single layer in dish, cutting to fit.
- Cover with half the scallions, bacon, cheese and tomatoes.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Combine eggs, milk, pepper and hot-pepper sauce.
- Pour over casserole.
- (Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 hours).
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.