Recipe by carolinafan
I love salads and this is one of my favorites. You may make your own croutons or buy the already prepared ones but these are very flavorful.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco cooking oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices French bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Parmesan cheese, oil, lemon juice, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place chopped lettuce, bacon and blue cheese in a large bowl; add dressing to taste and toss well.
- Garnish with garlic croutons just before serving.
- GARLIC CROUTONS:.
- Preheat oven to 400. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with Crisco Oil and garlic in small saucepan.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet. Pour butter mixture over and toss well.
- Bake until bread cubes are golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.