This recipe came about by throwing together tid bits of ingredients left in the fridge, but it has now become a breakfast favourite in our house. The amounts listed are just approximate. Other vegetables can be added/substituted - left-over boiled potatoes, shredded carrots - anything you have on hand, really.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bacon slices on frying pan over low heat. You can bunch them up into little rosettes, that way the bacon will stay a bit juicy.
- 2When bacon has just begun to brown, add the onions, mushrooms and zucchini to the pan. Increase heat to medium and fry, stirring occaisonally, till veggies have browned.
- 3Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
- 4Pour egg mixture over the veggies in the pan. Let the mixture set a little, then scramble.
- 5Sprinkle cheese on top of the scrambled eggs and let it melt, then stir everything around once more to combine.
- 6Serve with toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Mushroom, Zucchini Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 505.6 mg
- Sodium 666.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 26.6 g