Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came about by throwing together tid bits of ingredients left in the fridge, but it has now become a breakfast favourite in our house. The amounts listed are just approximate. Other vegetables can be added/substituted - left-over boiled potatoes, shredded carrots - anything you have on hand, really.
- Place bacon slices on frying pan over low heat. You can bunch them up into little rosettes, that way the bacon will stay a bit juicy.
- When bacon has just begun to brown, add the onions, mushrooms and zucchini to the pan. Increase heat to medium and fry, stirring occaisonally, till veggies have browned.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies in the pan. Let the mixture set a little, then scramble.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the scrambled eggs and let it melt, then stir everything around once more to combine.
- Serve with toast.