Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really a take off from my previous sauce of mine Berginie Linguine Sauce for two. Looking in the fridge & cupboard forced me to come up with a variation . I like this one better.
- 250 g whole wheat linguine or 250 g other pastas, of your choice
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 12 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hot chili peppers, seeded,deveined and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mild salsa, your choice
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook Pasta according to instructions, plan to have it ready just as the sauce is finished.
- Fry chopped bacon until almost crisp, drain fat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for apprx 5 minutes.
- Add Chilies, basil, sundried tomatoes and saute until heated through apprx 5 minutes.
- Add salsa heat until bubbling.
- Pour over drained cooked pasta & toss.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & I hope enjoy.