Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in the Cooking for 2 magazine. Just made a couple of small revisions to make it work for us.
- 2 slices bacon, thick sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bacon in half and place in large skillet.
- Cook until crisp & remove to a drain on paper towel.
- While bacon is cooking, flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness and sprinkle poultry seasoning on each side.
- Brown chicken in bacon drippings and transfer to a 1-quart baking dish that has been coated with nonstick sooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion.
- Drizzle 1/2 mixture over chicken.
- Place cooked bacon on top of chicken breast and spread mushrooms over top of bacon.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over mushrooms.
- Cover and place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top mushrooms, you can also use shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until cheese melts.