Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the Cooking for Two cookbook from Taste of Home - sounds delicious. I have not prepared yet, but I know it will be served soon.
- 2 slices bacon, halved
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt.
- Brown in bacon drippings.
- Transfer to a 1 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayo, corn syrup, and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken.
- Top with bacon and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with remaining honey mixture.