Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice change from the norm.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces grated swiss cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- In a large bowl add all but cheese and bacon.
- Cook and crumble the bacon,drain well and divide in half, placing 1/2 in meat mixture.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to meat mixture.
- Blend well and place in casserole dish.
- Top with cooked crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or till cooked through.
- Top with the rest of the swiss.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or till cheese is bubbly.
This is great! I made it in one of my lazy days. I chopped green onions instead of shallots, and used packaged shredded mozella cheese instead of cheddar. Mixed all together and stuck it in a loaf pan. Turned out absolutely delious. DH really liked it and made sandwiches from left overs. Really is a "make often". Thanks