Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are really great muffins! Prep or cooking time does not include frying the bacon.
Top Review by Dwynnie
I haven't gone wrong with a Kitten recipe yet! I did cheat on this one and use a package of Oscar Mayer real bacon bits instead of frying my own bacon (and I had to use cheddar as I forgot the swiss at the store), but these muffins are great! I will be having them for breakfast sandwiches with an egg, and as a great side to chowder! Very flavorful and easy to make! Thank you!
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives (green onions are okay too)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray regular size muffin containers with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, sift together, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in sugar, cheese and chives.
- Crumble the bacon, and add to dry ingredients;
- In a bowl combine the egg with milk, mustard and Dijon;stir just until blended, then mix into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans and serve warm.