Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are nice and simple. Even my 3 yr old likes them!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a pan until crisp, then chop into small pieces.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl mix egg, milk, and oil.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients along with bacon until just combined.
- Mixture will look somewhat lumpy but do not mix more.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake@ 25 minutes.
These were pretty good, but didn't have just a whole lot of flavor. I added some fresh cracked black pepper as well as some sharp cheddar cheese. They were good and would be quick to take along for breakfast. Thanks for posting!
Oh, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,,, I have been making ham/bacon cheese muffins for so long trying to find the perfect recipe.... I think this is it... Like most others, I added cheese... Wrapped leftover muffins individually in plastic wrap and froze them... They microwave perfectly for a warm muffin,,, like just out out the oven... Will toss out all the old recipes...I am so glad I found this recipe.
I added in some freshly cracked pepper as the batter wasn't seasoned to my taste, but apart from that I made them as the recipe stated. A little dry, but they tasted good. Love the idea of having an on the go breakfast with bacon!