1/1 Photo of Bacon & Mozzarella Topped Portabella Mushroom With Pesto
This is a recipe to die for, quick to prepare, quick to make and can be done in large numbers. It is an ideal for breakfast, lunch or evening meal and looks special enough to serve to guests too. Low in saturated fat, this is ideal for anyone on a weight watchers or calorie controlled diet. Inspired by a lunch I had in an Italian Bistro, with the additon of Bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drizzle a reasonable amount of Olive Oil onto a baking tray and place the mushroom(s) on the tray, cap down, drizzle a little oil onto the mushroom.
- 2Bake in the oven, on 400, for 8 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, Fry the bacon in olive oil and add any favourite herbs or seasoning.
- 4Remove the portabella mushroom(s) from the oven and top with bacon and cheese. Alternate each so that you would put one slice of cheese, then one slice of bacon, then cheese, bacon, cheese, bacon etc.
- 5Put the bacon and cheese topped mushroom(s) back into the oven.
- 6Cut out 2 circles, around the same size as the mushroom(s) from the bread - a pint glass or large cookie cutter will do nicely. Toast the bread rounds until golden, remove, spread with pesto (to taste) and put on top of each other.
- 7Remove the mushroom(s) from the oven again and place on top of the toasted croutons and pesto.
- 8Serve & Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon & Mozzarella Topped Portabella Mushroom With Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 529.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: