Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) package shortcut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and saute 4 minutes or until golden.
- Heat bacon according to package directions until crisp; crumble.
- Combine bacon, Parmesan cheese, and onion mixture.
- Cut each biscuit into fourths; dip biscuit pieces into 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Arrange one third of biscuit pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half of bacon mixture. Repeat layers once; top with remaining one-third biscuit pieces.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a serving platter; and serve immediately.
Sorry, but we did not like this at all. No one ate past the first bite or two. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.
Made this for church "fellowship" time and it completely disappeared - not a single bite leftover! Quite a few people kept coming back after going through the line and sneaking bites (myself included! lol) I ran out of melted butter near the end of the assembly process and had to melt an extra Tbsp. Other than that this was great and very easy. Thanks so much for the recipe!
I made this to go along with soup and it was very good. I used the larger cans of biscuits with a little more melted butter and it worked out fine. I think it's a pretty flexible recipe. Thanks for the great idea.