Recipe by chefjburke
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a classic combination from ocean beach california. the acidity in the sundried tomatoes pairs woderfully with the rich creamy blue cheese while the salt of the bacon adds depth to this wonderfull side dish.
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 3 chives, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 4 strips of sliced bacon on a sheet pan in the oven, or use a plate with a paper towel and cook in the microwave until crispy.
- Cook your simply mashed potatoes as directed on the bag.
- as soon as the potatoes are hot and ready add the sundried tomato, blue cheese , chopped bacon. serve hot with your favorite roasted meat and vegetables.