ROV Chef's Note:
I got the idea from watching Iron Chef America. Someone made a bacon ice cream but I never heard any details about it. So I started thinking about how to make it and make it great. I figured that bacon is the candy of the meat world, so why not candy the bacon. Now the quality of the maple syrup is gonna effect the flavor of the ice cream. This may sound odd, but I promise you that this will become your new favorite and you'll be demanding that Ben & Jerry's starts selling this at your corner store. cooking time includes cooling time, and set up time in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Maple Ice Cream
- 2Pre Heat oven to 400°F.
- 3mix the 1 tablespoon of syrup and the 1/4 cup brown sugar to form a paste.
- 4Lay the bacon out on a cooling rack on a lined sheet pan (lining the sheet pan will save you some nasty clean up.
- 5Spread the paste on one side of the bacon and then bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Pull out bacon and turn each slice over. Spread the paste the other side of the bacon and out back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- 7Pull bacon out and turn it over again, then bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until bacon is evenly glazed.
- 8Cool completely and then chop into small pieces.
- 9Maple Ice Cream:.
- 10Combine all the ice cream ingredients except the bacon in a medium sauce pan and heat to 170°F.
- 11Cool completely before adding to your ice ream maker.
- 12Follow you ice cream makers directions, but the basics are
- 13make sure you machine has been in the freezer for 24 hours and that the mixture is chilled completely.
- 14add the mixture to the machine while it's running.
- 15wait until the ice cream is at a soft serve consistancy before adding the bacon pieces.
- 16Put the ice cream in an airtight container and put in the freezer for a few hours before enjoying.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Maple Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.6
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: