Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Bacon Macaroni & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, graded
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil macaroni as directed and drain well.
- In a larger sauté pan brown bacon and remove from pan to cool, Pour off all but 3 tbs bacon fat.
- Add flour to bacon fat, blend well, cook for 3 min on medium heat,
- Reduce heat and slowly add milk mix with Wisk, cook for 5-7 min or till sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Slowly add cheese, and blend well add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked macaroni in oven safe casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over and fold in, mix well.
- Crumble or chop bacon and sprinkle over top of macaroni and cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes.
- remove from oven let cool.
This was easy to make. I think it needs a sharp cheddar cheese to give it more flavor. I will make again with a differnt cheese. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC 2009