Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation on a family recipe, very easy and quick to make, not to mention very good.
- 1 lb cooked macaroni, i prefer to use the small salad shells.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) canready for chili tomatoes
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon bacon fat
- fresh ground pepper
- Using the skillet the bacon was fried in, add the tomato sauce, water, tomatoes, and bacon fat, heat to medium boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta, and use the crumbled bacon on top as a garnish, season to taste.
I liked this because I ate it when I was growing up but everyone else wanted it to be more spicy. The dish was very quick and easy to prepare. Thanks ObscuredbyClouds. Bullwinkle