Six different kinds of cheeses, a pound of bacon, gooey deliciousness... It doesn't get much better than this. I stumbled upon this combination one night in college; rummaging through the refrigerator and cupboards to find something to cook, I found out that I had an ungodly amount of cheese, so I threw it all in et voila, the greatest mac 'n cheese I've ever tasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup medium sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup American cheese, cut into strips
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (or rigatoni or shells, whatever you have on-hand)
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- 2Meanwhile, cut up bacon with kitchen shears into 1/2 inch strips. Fry separately until browned (or until bacon is how you like it cooked.) In another saucepan, cook pasta as per directions, without any salt.
- 3Add bacon with grease to your onions and stir. Whisk in flour. Add milk, still whisking, until thickened and bubbly. Fold in all of the cheese, stirring until it all melts.
- 4Drain your pasta thoroughly and stir it into the cheese sauce. Cook over medium heat for about three minutes, stirring. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Mac 'n Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1141.7
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 1043.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
medium sharp cheddar