This is a recipe that I had found, but made changes to in order to make it totally decadent. This is one of my family's favourite dinners, but due to the rich ingredients, I don't make it too often. It's not exactly low fat, but it's totally worth splurging on! If possible, use freshly grated Parmesan and nutmeg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente.
- 2Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, beat together with a whisk eggs, cream, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in same skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine; cook one more minute longer.
- 5Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if too sticky or dry. Add beaten egg mixture and cook, tossing constantly with tongs until eggs are barely set.
- 6Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top, and extra Parmesan cheese at table.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Lovers' Spaghetti Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.3
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 240.5 mg
- Sodium 821.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g