Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for pot luck, picnics a light dinner.Made in a pan so you can just toss the pan.
Make and share this Bacon Lettuce &Tomato Layered Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawrys)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed dried and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- In a blender, mix together the reserved bacon drippings, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and basil blend dressing and set aside.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, onion, in a 9X13 aluminum pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over tomato,top with bacon.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Just before serving top with,croutons.
Rita, this is a fantastic salad. Made it for a barbecue this week-end and everybody went crazy over it. I had to double the recipe as we had 18 guests and it came out perfect. Thank you.
rita, this is great, i always love the insides of a sndwich but hate the calories of the bread! i omitted the grease from the bacon, i microwave mine to get rid of it all.i also omitted the sugar, my dd is on atkins maintenance. she omitted croutons, i added hers to mine, great salad!
This stuff is addictive! I freeze fresh basil in olive oil in ice cube trays, transfer to a bag, and always have fresh when I want it! My tomatoes were too ripe, so I drained 28 ounces of canned diced in a wire strainer and used those. I think that is what eliminated the "wateriness" that someone else complained about. Otherwise, made as written and thoroughly enjoyed for 2 days after initially enjoying with a steak for dinner. BF (who is strictly meat and potatoes) even asked if I could make it again next week!