Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this last year for a baby shower and it was a huge success. It was originally from the Pampered Chef website, but I couldn't find it there any longer. That's when I decided I should post it here so that I won't accidentally lose it. Very delicious and a hearty dip. I love the flavor that the ranch dressing gives. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Place cream cheese in a bowl. Gradually stir in dressing; mix well.
- Remove seeds from tomato; dice tomato. Reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish. Chop bacon, celery and onion. Add tomato, bacon, celery, onion, and sugar to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, line serving dish with optional lettuce leaves. Fill with dip. Garnish with reserved tomato. Serve with any variety of crackers desired.
- (Cook time is chill time).
I needed something different to take to a party, and picked this one because I had all the ingredients on hand. Good choice! It was a big hit with everyone. It does get better as it sits and the flavors blend, so be sure to make it several hours before you need it!
OMG! This is TOO good. I used green onions, and it brightened it up as well as taste.
I used green onions and even MORE bacon. Don't omit the sugar - it kicks up the flavor! A huge hit with friends and with my son's Dungeons & Dragons group. I double when I make it now!