I can never make enough of this dip. This receipe is a new twist on the original by using cream cheese instead of sour cream. You cant go wrong! This was given to me by a friend but not sure why it's called BLT dip when there is no lettuce in it--don't worry, you'll wont miss it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (i usually use Hellmans light)
- 1 -2 bunch green onion (chopped-amt depends on your taste)
- 6 ounces bacon bits (any kind you prefer is fine-I use a bag of Oscar Mayer)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded-I usually use mild)
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped-I usually use 2 as I like more tomatoes)
- Mix mayo and cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients. I prefer to make this the night before.
- Serve with crackers-I think this tastes best with Ritz.
Fantastic! I used 2 green onions rather than 2 "bunches" as stated assuming this was an error and I used 2 Roma tomatoes. It came out perfect. So far I have only tried it on french bread slices. I think it would be great on crackers or rolled up in tortillas as well.