Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basic idea from BHG magazine. This was a HUGE hit with the family! If you like BLTs and also like salsa, you will love this twist! So easy, yet the best sandwich I've had / made in I can't remember when.
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon (regular or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large tortillas (we used jalapeno-cheddar)
- 8 -12 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients to make fresh salsa,.
- Fry bacon until just done, drain well on paper towels, cut into large pieces.
- To assemble sandwiches:.
- Spread Mayo on tortillas & top with lettuce leaves.
- Place 2 slices bacon on each tortilla & top with a large spoonful or 2 of salsa.
- Roll tortillas up to enclose filling & cut each wrap in half with a diagonal cut.