Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the MDC kitchen to yours.
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 heads plain lettuce or 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 (4 ounce) bag radishes, sliced
- 1 large cauliflower, sliced
- salad dressing
- parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon in small pieces, fry till crisp.
- Drain and set aside.
- The more bacon the better.
- In large serving bowl layer as follows: plain lettuce or romaine or both, radishes, red onion and cauliflower.
- Layer fried bacon on salad mixture.
- Spread salad dressing on top of bacon like icing. Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top of salad dressing.
- Let salad sit on counter till 10 to 15 minutes before serving time.
- Mix well.
- Will seem dry at first but will moisten as you mix.
Easy and quick for dinner last night. We used Blue cheese dressing. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
This is a really nice combination of flavors and colors. I didn't have salad dressing (I'm guessing this means Miracle Whip or similar) so I used mayonnaise and added a little vinegar and sugar to it. This was easy to make because I almost always have these things in the house. Thanx for sharing!
Yummers! I can't believe that this hasn't been reviewed before. I wasn't sure what the salad dressing was supposed to be - Miracle Whip? So, not knowing I used Ranch Dressing. Very simple and tasted awesome. The red onions with the cauliflower were a great taste sensation. Thanks salvador1709 for a nice keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.