1/1 Photo of Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Soup
Salad in a bowl, but liquid and hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 cups hot water
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (whole)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- seasoned croutons
- 1Dissolve bouillon cubes in water; set aside.
- 2Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tbs.
- 3drippings in Dutch oven.
- 4Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 5Add onion and celery to drippings, and saute until transparent, stirring frequently; drain.
- 6Add bouillon, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 min.
- 8Add lettuce, and cook 2 min or until lettuce wilts.
- 9Top with bacon and croutons.
- 10Serve immediately.
- 11Yield: 5 cups.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g