Hold the mayo, please! :o) Original recipe created by Chef John Folse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon, drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 3 seeded tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch basil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup toasted crouton
- 1In a heavy bottom Dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat.
- 2Add bacon and sauté two to three minutes.
- 3Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
- 4Sauté three to five minutes or until vegetables are wilted.
- 5Sprinkle in flour and, using a wire whisk, blend well into bacon/vegetable mixture.
- 6Add chicken stock, stirring constantly, until well incorporated.
- 7Add lettuces and tomatoes and fold well into the soup.
- 8Add heavy whipping cream.
- 9Season to taste using thyme, basil, salt and pepper and allow to cook for an additional fifteen minutes.
- 10When ready to serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with toasted croutons.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich Soup
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1168.3
- Calories from Fat 855
- Total Fat 95.0 g
- Saturated Fat 50.8 g
- Cholesterol 293.6 mg
- Sodium 1983.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 36.1 g