Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The herbs in this salad, along with the bacon, sun-dried tomatoes and the homemade balsamic vinegar dressing, turn this salad into something special. From "At Home Entertaining" by Jorj Morgan. You will have some leftover dressing...use the extra for tomorrow's salad. You want to use only enough to lightly coat the greens.
- 10 -12 slices bacon, diced
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 8 cups salad greens (use any combination...I use arugula, spring mix, baby spinach and romaine)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (6 to 8 onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs, hardboiled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat. Remove the pieces with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper toweling.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil. Reserve the oil for another use.
- Combine the salad greens and herbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Peel and finely chopped the hardboiled eggs.
- Toss the lettuce with enough dressing to just coat the leaves. Toss with the bacon and sun-dried tomatoes. Garnish with the chopped egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve.