Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is the go-to recipe you want for a knock-out, sassy entree that will wow guests every time. It's deceptively easy, and always a hit. I make up recipes all the time, and this one combines spicy, sweet, and salty-- the perfect, colorful complements to mild tilapia. And it's different, as well, a great departure from the usual flavors you expect. You can choose to cook the bacon, or buy it already cooked and crumbled for an even easier version. And cleanup is a breeze with no baking dishes to wash. Serve it with any sides you like; it's great with rice, pasta, potatoes, salad.
- 4 tilapia fillets, fresh
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slice bacon (or 1 cup purchased, crumbled real bacon)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 9.85 ml caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced (bottled is fine)
- 59.14 ml honey
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml cream of coconut
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray fillets with non-stick oil spray and place, oiled-side-down, on 4 sheets of foil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, and remove with tongs to drain, keeping bacon drippings in pan. (If opting to use purchased crumbled bacon, add 2 tablespoons oil to a skillet).
- Place onion and bell pepper in skillet with drippings and cook until tender. While they cook, chop bacon and place in a medium bowl. When onions and peppers are done, remove with a slotted spoon and stir into chopped bacon with jerk seasoning, garlic, and honey. Spoon this mixture onto fillets, and bring sides of foil up to wrap each tilapia in a sealed pouch. Place pouches on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 3. While fish bakes, stir shredded coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat until toasted. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir cream of coconut, sour cream, and the juice and zest of one lemon. Remove pouches to serving plates. Tear open pouch, drizzle fish with Coconut Cream sauce, and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serves 4.