Recipe by Alandrews
"Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix" My husband and I love breakfast and pizza. I thought I could combine the two using my new favorite condiment, Bacon Jam. You can find Bacon Jam in some specialty food stores, order it online or be adventurous and make your own. Enjoy!
Top Review by JaymzMF
My favorite things finally together! I've always enjoyed leftover pizza for breakfast, but a breakfast pizza? I was reluctant at first, but I'm so glad I tried this. It is ridiculously good! Easy to make. Great instructions. Well done!
- 1 lb of your favorite pizza dough
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (7 ounce) jarbacon jam (I used Skillet Bacon Spread)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, separated in half
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 500°.
- Take potatoes out of bag and place in a colander. Rinse and drain well. Place potatoes in a clean dish towel and wring dry.
- Roll out pizza dough to a 10 - 12" round.
- Spread rolled out dough with 2/3 of the bacon jam.
- Top jam layer with one and a half cups of cheese.
- Top cheese with hash browns.
- Spread remaining cheese over hash browns.
- Make 4 small depressions in each quadrant of the pizza.
- Place 1 egg in each of the depressions.
- Dollop remaining bacon jam around top of pizza.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until egg white is cooked and yolk is runny.
- Note: Everyone's oven bakes differently. My oven is temperamental and takes longer to bake the eggs. Keep an eye on your eggs while they bake and adjust cooking time accordingly.