Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I heard about bacon jam on tv and searched for a recipe since none was posted here. I found this on babble.com. This was used as a hamburger topping though you could come up with more ideas. It's really quite tasty and not too hard to make.
- Chop the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from the pot, drain on paper towels.
- Using a small ammount of the drippings saute onion and garlic 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- Return bacon to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat about 1 half hour or until thickened to a jam like consistency.
- You can let it cool a bit and pulse in a food processor a couple of times for a finer texture.
- Store refrigerated for 1-2 weeks.