I heard about bacon jam on tv and searched for a recipe since none was posted here. I found this on babble.com. This was used as a hamburger topping though you could come up with more ideas. It's really quite tasty and not too hard to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the bacon and cook until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from the pot, drain on paper towels.
- 3Using a small ammount of the drippings saute onion and garlic 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- 4Return bacon to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
- 5Cook on medium heat about 1 half hour or until thickened to a jam like consistency.
- 6You can let it cool a bit and pulse in a food processor a couple of times for a finer texture.
- 7Store refrigerated for 1-2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Jam
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g