Recipe by Faux Chef Lael
My friend Cheryl brought this easy, fun dip to a party with slices of baguette bread. It was so delicious and smelled wonderful; everyone was asking for the recipe. There are other recipes similar to this, sometimes called "Jalapeno Popper Dip", but I've never found one that turns out quite as well as this. Most don't include the garlic, which really makes the dish. Enjoy!
Top Review by tj1978
OMG!!! This is like heaven in your mouth. Faux Chef Lael, brought this dish to our friends house for a "appetizer" prior to Thanksgiving Dinner. Can I just say that I had to force my self to stop eatting it or I wouldn't have any room for the traditional Thanksgiving fare. The cream cheese is a great match to the chile and jalepeno just as it is with a "Popper". Now piece de la resistance.....BACON! I know they say bacon goes good with everything...but this is beyond description. The salty, crunchy bacon sends your taste buds into a wirhlwind of flavor. Bacon is the ultimate tie in for everything. This dish was so good that I had to steal it from the house and bring it to work for my co-workers to try. Every single one of them has said its amazing. So, in conclussion use this wonderfully free recipe to take to your next get together wether it be for Christmas, Super Bowl or the spring party. Jus be sure to follow that recipe and use the jalepeno's to add the kick.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (two boxes, Light works great but don't use Fat Free)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Light also works here, but DO NOT use Miracle Whip!)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 ounces fire-roasted green chilies (1 can)
- 2 -4 ounces pickled jalapeno peppers, drained (2oz is mild, 4oz is very spicy. Canned is best, but you can use fresh jalapenos, seeded and finely d)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve 3 Tablespoons for topping (don't use fake bacon bits, but real bacon pieces are okay)
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 sourdough baguettes, sliced (also great with crackers or veggies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Reserve 3 Tbs of bacon and sprinkle on top of dip before baking.
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, parmesan, and garlic and stir until smooth.
- Stir in jalapenos, green chilies and bacon.
- Spread dip into a 9″ pie plate or a small baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and sliced green onions (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dip is bubbly and golden brown at the edges.