Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't need too much convincing, do I?
For the Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 1-2 chipotle pepper
- 9.85 ml adobo sauce
For the Burgers
- 603.27 g ground beef, of choice (85/15 good but I like leaner)
- salt and pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 4 red onion rings
- 4 slice colby-monterey jack cheese
- 8 slice crispy cooked bacon
- 16-20 pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 hamburger buns (or grilled) or 4 crusty rolls, toasted (or grilled)
- For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:.
- Mix together ingredients until combined.
- For the Burgers:.
- Divide the ground beef into four 1/3 pound burgers. With a light hand, shape into patties. Season both sides with a salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside until ready to grill. May, also, be pan fried.
- Heat grill (or pan) to medium - medium-high heat and grill for a 4-7 minutes on each side until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking , add a slice of cheese over each burger and close cover until cheese begins to melt. While the burgers are cooking, add the onion slices and allow them to char a bit on each side and begin to soften. Remove burger and onions from grill and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Place a burger on each toasted bun bottom, topping with 2 slices of bacon and 4-5 jalapeno slices. Slather some of the chipotle mayo on the top bun and place a grilled onion round on top. Add lettuce, if so desired, and top with the top half of the bun.
Yummy burgers! We made a bunch of these for a family gathering. There were a couple of wimps that wouldn't try the chipotle-mayo lol - but those of us who did try it loved it. Thanks for a great burger, GailAnn. Made for ZWT8 - Mexico/Tex Mex.