Recipe by Lainey39
This is another chicken recipe from Simple & Delicious.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is really simple and delicious. I used a non-stick pan to cook the chicken and the bacon was microwaved. This kept the amount of added fat to a minimum. After getting home from the store, I realized that I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I opted to used reconstituted dried shitake. The onions and mushrooms were added to the pan after the chicken was browned, the pan was covered and heat turned down to low for a few minutes. The onions caramelized and made a great bed for the finished chicken breast. Made for *Give Me Five*
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I like to use thin chicken breasts)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices bacon, strips halved
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; drain.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Top with bacon, onion, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.